NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN!
2017 Nominations period - February 27 -March 30, 2017
The mission of the International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL) is to “advance the science of healthcare simulation” with a vision to be “the global leader in transforming practice to improve patient safety through excellence in healthcare simulation” (INACSL.org, 2016). INACSL thrives because of the tremendous efforts and quality contributions of its members and their commitment to the INACSL core values of sharing, inspiring, discovery, and transformation within, and beyond our community of practice.
The INACSL Awards of Excellence Program offers members a platform to acknowledge the exemplary contributions of its dedicated, dependable, capable, and passionate volunteer leaders, educators, clinicians, and researchers in simulation in healthcare.
AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE CATEGORIES:
On behalf of the INACSL Board of Directors (BOD), the Awards of Excellence Sub-Committee is seeking nominations in the following award categories:
INACSL EXCELLENCE "BEST PRACTICE INNOVATOR"AWARD
The INACSL “Best Practice Innovator” Excellence Award, honors a member of INACSL who goes above and beyond the ordinary, to demonstrate extraordinary commitment and the use of innovative approaches to the expansion, promotion, dissemination, and/or utilization of the INACSL Standards of Best Practice: SimulationSM. Click here to download a check list for 2017 submission requirements.
INACSL "FRONTLINE SIMULATION CHAMPION" AWARD
The “Frontline Simulation Champion” Excellence Award acknowledges a hard working individual and/or team that demonstrates exemplary dedication in the day-to-day implementation of simulation, going beyond the ordinary to demonstrate extraordinary dedication to excellence in the delivery of simulation-based learning in academic, healthcare institution, or community settings. Click here to download a check list for 2017 submission requirements.
INACSL "SPIRIT OF SIMULATION" LEADERSHIP EXCELLENCE AWARD
The “Spirit of Simulation” Leadership Excellence Award is given to a visionary and inspiring nurse leader in the INACSL simulation practice community who exemplifies the characteristics of a transformational leader.
Click here to download a check list for 2017 submission requirements.
INACSL RESEARCH EXCELLENCE AWARD
This award is given to an individual (INACLS member) or group (of which one person is an INACSL member) whose endeavors in nursing research (either the study of simulation itself, or using simulation to study another phenomenon) have resulted in either the generation of new knowledge, or the facilitation of research efforts by others where a significant and recognizable benefit is realized in nursing and/or non-nursing simulation communities. Click here to download a check list for 2017 submission requirements.
INACSL SERVICE EXCELLENCE AWARD
This award is given to a person or company who has donated their time, talent, and/or resources to have a positive impact on the organization. The nominee has exemplified exceptional service and has made a significant and positive contribution to INACSL in one or more significant ways. Click here to download a check list for 2017 submission requirements.
INACSL EXCELLENCE IN ACADEMIA AWARD
This award is given to a member who demonstrates a sustained record of teaching excellence in Simulation Teaching and Learning in Academic Settings. The successful nominee demonstrates flexibility, creativity, enthusiasm for, and innovation in, the delivery and dissemination of simulation-based education where educational endeavors are validated by evidence of positive outcomes for students and/or faculty. Moreover, the nominee consistently employs INACSL Standards of Best Practice: SimulationSM in teaching and learning and is held in high regard with students and colleagues. Click here to download a check list for 2017 submission requirements.
TIMELINE FOR 2016-17 AWARDS NOMINATION PROCESS:
- First Notice to Members: Monday, February 27
- Second Notice to Members: Monday, March 6
- Third Notice to Members: Monday, March 13
- Fourth and Final Notice to Members: Monday, March 20
- Closing of Nominations: March 30, 2017
IMPORTANT INFORMATION to note before submission:
To prepare an award nomination:
- Review the Award categories and selection criteria
- Select the appropriate category for submitting a nomination
- Download and prepare the nominee’s information and documentation by downloading the Nominator’s Checklist
- Collect and label all required documents as indicated in the Nominator’s Checklist, and upload them BEFORE the closing date (see link below)
Each nominator must submit the following items to support their award nomination:
- Nominee contact information
- Nominee consent to be nominated
- One nominator’s statement that clearly demonstrates support for the nominee and a statement evidencing that the nominee has meet the criteria as detailed on the awards rubric. The Nominator’s Statement: In 250 words or less, describe the top 3 reasons the nominee is deserving of the selected award, a description of their valued work, and a summary statement that features what will set them apart from others (word doc, word docx, pdf).
- One letter of support that clearly demonstrates support for the nominee and a statement evidencing that the nominee has meet the criteria as detailed on the awards rubric (word doc, word docx, pdf).
- The nominee’s photo (maximum size 1 MB).
Please transfer this information and submit documents here.
On behalf of the INACSL Awards of Excellence Sub-Committee, we thank you in advance for your participation in the awards nominations process.
INACSL Awards of Excellence Sub-Committee Chair
VP Membership, INACSL Board of Directors