Call for Nominations
NOMINATIONS/APPPLICATIONS ACCEPTED OCTOBER 1- November 14, 2018
*All letters of intent from candidates must be completed/received by the deadline. Letters of intent received after the deadline will not be considered.
Specific responsibilities for each position is outlined in the INACSL By-laws HERE. For more information on the responsibilities of the Nominations Committee click HERE.
We ask you to submit the best candidates for these positions (NOTE: If submitting a colleague’s name, please seek out their permission prior to submission.)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION to considers for Board of Directors positions before submission:
- Newly elected BOD members are expected to attend virtual trainings between March and June prior to taking office.
- Newly elected BOD members are expected to attend their first face-to-face BOD meeting in June the year they take office.
- Newly elected BOD members are sworn in during the annually conference (June) and officially assume their duties at the close of the conference.
- The BOD holds monthly virtual meetings and at two face-to-face meetings (currently in June and November) per year.
- Additionally, BOD members are expected to meet regularly (usually monthly) with the chairs of their committees and the Executive Director.
- BOD members are expected to attend INACSL's annual conference during their term of service.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION to consider for Nominations & Elections positions before submission:
- This is not a Board of Directors position.
- Committee holds virtual monthly meetings from September to June each year.
- N&E committee members conduct interviews with candidates in the fall of each year at various times of the day and/or evening.
The Nominations Process consists of the following 3 steps:
Step 1: Each nominee/applicant must complete a Letter of Intent, to include:
- Position of Interest
- Nominee's name, credentials, and contact information
- Length of the time the nominee has been a member of INACSL
- List previous INACSL committee service and a short description of your contributions
- Description of nominee's service to INACSL's annual conference
- Brief description of nominee's service to other simulation and nusring organizations
- Nominee's experience in simulation
- Examples of nominee's contribution to simulation
- How nominee could advance the vision and mission of INACSL through desired position
- Provide examples of how nominee has incorporated the Standards of Best PracticeSM into their simulation practice
- Talents and experiences that qualify nominee for desired position
- A current abbreviated curriculum vitae (max 3 pages).
Step 2: Selected nominees/applicants will complete an interview with members of the Nomination & Elections Committee.
Step 3: Each eligible candidate will be invited to submit an application to include the following items:
- A short bio of 200 word (or less) that includes your Title, Name, Degrees Awarded, Job Title and your employing institutions name.
- A two-minute video clip that features the candidate’s vision for the INACSL position to be posted on the website.
Format must be .mov, .avi, .wmv, or .mpg
Maximum allowed file size for uploading videos is 1 GB
Instructions for linking a video clip to your application: You must have a YouTube account to upload your video to YouTube. Click here for instructions on how to set up a YouTube account. Upload your video to YouTube. Click here to see quick instructions on how to upload your video to YouTube. Once you have uploaded your video to YouTube you will receive a URL to your video via email. Test the link to make sure it is working. Once you confirm the video is working correctly insert the URL into your INACSL nomination form. Please be sure to leave your video live on YouTube during the months of December and January so the membership can view them.
- A recent photo, which will be posted on the INACSL website.
A head shot with a neutral background
Format must be jpg, png or gif.
Dimensions: 1024 x 1024 pixels or a total of 72 pixels per inch. (NOTE: Pictures larger than this will be scaled down to this size.
Maximum allowed file size for uploaded pictures is 5MB.
COMPLETE NOMINATION CALL FORM to nominate a person you think will be a great contributor in a vacant position.
COMPLETE LETTER OF INTENT to apply yourself.
On behalf of the INACSL Nominations Committee, thank you in advance for your participation in the nominations process.
Sharon Decker & Beth Hallmark
INACSL Nominations & Elections