IMPORTANT INFORMATION to consider for President Elect position:
- Review the Board Competencies Self-Assessment to determine if you are ready to assume a larger role within the organization.
- Newly elected BOD members are expected to:
- attend virtual trainings between April and June, before taking office. These sessions take between 30-60 minutes per week.
- attend their first face-to-face BOD meeting in June the year they take office (Monday and Tuesday before the annual conference). Coach airfare and 2-nights lodging is covered by the organization.
- be sworn in on Friday during the annually conference (June). Cost to attend the conference, lodging and incidentals are not covered before you assume your official duties.
- officially assume their duties at the close of the conference (June).
- Specific responsibilities for each President-Elect, President and Immediate Past President are outlined in the INACSL By-laws HERE
- President-Elect is expected to attend the ASAE Exceptional Boards 2-day workshop with the Executive Director during the first year of office. Coach airfare, lodging and incidentals are covered by the organization.
- INACSL’s Board of Directors has adopted the following Inspiring Behaviors.
- The INACSL Board of Directors holds monthly virtual meetings and two face-to-face meetings (currently in June and November) annually.
- Presidents are expected to attend weekly, virtual meetings with the Executive Director.
- Presidents should expect to spend approximately 8 hours per week on work for the organization during their term of office.
- Presidents are expected to attend INACSL's annual conference during their term of office. The organization will cover costs for coach airfare, lodging, incidentals and conference attendance during term of office.
- Presidents are expected to represent the organization at international conferences, meetings and symposiums as needed throughout the year.
- We strongly suggest that candidates for President Elect discuss the possibility of reducing their teaching load during their term of office. At minimum a reduction in teaching/work load should be considered during the 1-year term as president of INACSL.