INACSL Research Fellowship
THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR 2019 IS NOW OPEN
Next Program Start: March 2019
Program End: June 2020
The International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation & Learning (INACSL) is offering a 15-month research fellowship designed to develop future leaders in simulation research. This unique web-based fellowship will be comprised of monthly webinars from experts, extensive reading and writing, with guidance on the best practices and processes of conducting simulation research. Fellows will be required to work on a research project over the one-year Fellowship Program; they will be encouraged to work in teams of two or three to accomplish this goal. A team project will be strongly encouraged; however, fellows may work individually. The final product will be a well-prepared grant proposal for submission to an agency of the fellow’s choosing and a presentation. As a novice researcher, we recommend the fellows seek funding through the NLN, STTI, Laerdal Foundation, or INACSL Spunt grant programs, or some other level of non-governmental grant. One of the goals of the Fellowship Program is to facilitate the applicant’s ability to work in a team, complete assignments, and meet deadlines. Collaboration and teamwork is a strong indicator of program success.
- Member of INACSL
- PhD, EdD, or DNP completed
- 2 years of simulation experience (3 years preferred)
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from a supervisor indicating support of the Research Fellowship)
- A sample first authored published article if available, AND/OR a well written one-page idea for a study, and why this study idea is important and references
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- A one page narrative indicating
- How many years of experience working in simulation
- Certifications, if any (CHSE, CNE, CAE/INACSL Fellowship, etc.)
- Professional memberships
- Preferred debriefing method and why
- Your planned research question and a completed literature review
Click here to view a sample application.
The cost of the fellowship is $2,500.
- We are now accepting applications. Click here to apply
- Applications are due on December 3 at 11:59 pm PT
- Selected participants will be notified by January 9
- 2019 Research Fellowship will start in March 2019
- 2019 Research Fellowship will end in June 2020
- Tuition: $2,500 INACSL members only
- Registration for the INACSL conference in June*
- 4-hour meeting of the Research Fellows at the pre-conference
- Monthly INACSL Research webinar meetings
- Writing Winning Proposals for Nurses and Health Care Professionals, 1st Edition by Dr. Sandra Funk PhD FAAN, And Elizabeth Tornquist MA FAAN
- NLN Research Simulation Innovation Research Course (SIRC)
*Participants are responsible for travel, food, travel documents, and lodging costs for the INACSL meeting. Lunch and snacks will be provided at pre-conference before INACSL conference.
If you would like to be notified when the 2019 application period opens or speak with someone about the program please fill out this form.
Research Fellow Alumni Testimonials:
- "The opportunity to engage with a variety of scholars was a feature I liked best."
- "From Fellows, to Mentors, and to Guest Speakers, each person was truly 'real' and 'authentic' in wanting to ensure the success of others."
- "I would say that one of the most beneficial aspects was the monthly meeting with our group and presentations from different experts in the field of simulation"
- "I received expert advice on how to construct and submit various types of research grants."
- "I established new relationships and networking with the fellows, mentors, and simulation/research experts."
- "...fellows developed a collaborative relationship with each other."
2018 Research Fellowship:
- Start date: March 25, 2018
- Monthly webinar meetings.
- End date: June 2019