SSH-INACSL Regional Simulation Workshops
2017 Workshop Locations
- Registration Now Open! April 22, 2017 (Saturday) at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center: F.Marie Hall SimLife Center in Lubbock, TX.
- Coming Soon:
- September 23, 2017 (Saturday) at University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Simulation Consortium-Birmingham, AL.
- October 13, 2017 (Friday) at Intermountain Healthcare Simulation Consortium: Intermountain Simulation Center - Salt Lake City, UT.
The Society of Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) and the International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL) will host one-day Simulation Regional Workshop on the guidelines of the NCSBN National Simulation Study. The Study concluded that up to 50% of simulation could be effectively substituted for traditional clinical experiences under certain conditions for Prelicensure nursing students.
The workshop will explore:
- Creating a dialog around simulation guidelines and local regulation by the Boards of Nursing.
- Utilizing the NCSBN Simulation Guidelines for Prelicensure Nursing Programs within individual simulation programs.
- Applying the INACSL Standards of Best Practice: Simulation within the development, implementation and assessment of simulation based education.
- Using the SSH Accreditation Standards to advance the simulation program.
- Understanding the benefits of SSH certification (CSHE, CHSE-A, CHSOS) as a developmental pathway for simulation instructors.
- The benefits of membership in INACSL and SSH.
The workshop also includes review of the study, results and subsequent guidelines for local and national implications. In addition, local simulation leaders will review the simulation standards and resources available to assist schools and/or organizations as they advance simulation in a changing regulatory environment.
CNE: 6 hours/credits
Cost: $99.00 per person
- Workshop check-in opens at 7am local time
- Workshop starts at 8am and ends at 4:30pm local time.
- Lunch and snacks are provided.
- On-site registration accepted if space is available.
- On-site registration requires credit card payment. No cash or checks accepted for on-site registrations.
Please contact the SSH Executive Director Jennifer Manos.
The International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation