Regional Interest Groups (RIGS)
- Connect like-minded individuals around simulation-based research, learning, and practice in a designated international geographical region.
- Develop community of practice for international members of INACSL
- Enact the vision and mission of INACSL to advance the science of healthcare simulation and transform the practice to improve patient safety through excellence in healthcare simulation.
- Work in collaboration with INACSL to utilize and share evidence-based research that informs and improves simulation-based education on a local scale in international regions.
- Utilize The Standards of Best Practices: SimulationSM
- A RIG is comprised of active INACSL members organizing as a group within a designated region outside of the Continental U.S. and Canada.
- Must be located outside North America.
- 6 or more INACSL members supporting the vision and mission of INACSL in that region. The total number of members shall not drop below 6 for the first 12-month of designation as a RIG. Beginning the second year, membership should show an increase with average growth of 5% per year over the first three years. At the three year mark the membership should not be below the original starting membership numbers.
- During the first year a RIG is established, members can receive incentive membership pricing
- 3-4 members willing take on leadership roles within the RIG. These positions are:
- Chair of the RIG, or two individuals willing to serve as Co-Chairs of the RIG.
- RIG Outreach Coordinator
- RIG Secretary/Treasurer
- How to apply for INACSL RIG status
- Once Approval is granted
- The RIG will establish a name and may work with INACSL to develop a modified INACSL logo for use promoting its work regionally, if desired.
- The RIG leadership and INACSL sign a formal agreement agreeing to roles & responsibilities as well as expectations of each party for the next 5 years.
- INACSL provides a webpage template to the Outreach Coordinator for their use, if desired.
- INACSL staff will update the INACSL webpage content once per quarter as requested.
- INACSL provides a conduit to the latest evidence-based research through the Clinical Simulation in Nursing Journal subscriptions included with INACSL membership.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The RIG will:
- Uphold INACSL’s mission to advance the science of healthcare simulation.
- Support INACSL’s vision of transforming practice to improve patient safety through excellence in healthcare simulation.
- Conduct at least one annual face-to-face or virtual business meeting with members of the RIG in accordance with the INACSL bylaws.
- Submit an annual report to INACSL Vice President for International Affairs explaining the RIG’s activities (due each May).
- Maintain a current profile on the INACSL website, if interested.
- Maintain a minimum of 12 or 15 active INACSL members beginning the second year.
- Maintain a minimum of 3 leadership positions within the RIG to support activities of the group
- Adhere to the INACSL bylaws.
Officers: Each RIG will have three leadership positions:
- The Chair, or Co-Chairs are responsible for leading the RIG, to call a minimum of 4 meetings per year, and provide an annual report to the INACSL Board.
- The Chair, or Co-Chairs of the RIG will liaise with a member of the International Committee.
- The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for communicating with members and potential members to develop a plan for upcoming meetings with the other RIG officers.
- The Secretary/Treasurer is responsible for keeping minutes of any meetings, assisting with annual report and keeping track of RIG finances.
- The leadership team of the RIG is responsible for succession planning for the RIG and training incoming leadership as needed. After the first 5 years as a RIG, the leadership should consider changing over every 2-3 years.
Dissolution: The RIG may be formally dissolved by the RIG Leadership or INACSL when…
- Membership drops below 6 members for more than 6 months.
- The RIG does not submit an annual report, within 3 months of a follow up request.
- The RIG is in violation of the INACSL bylaws.
- The RIG is in violation of logo use policies.
Additional Information Coming Soon!