The Conference Planning Committee will support the INACSL membership by:
- Fostering diversity, inclusivity, acceptance, and equity within INACSL and the healthcare simulation community to impact the profession and society.
- Cultivating understanding, appreciation, and recognition that diversity and individual differences are a source of strength.
- Providing resources that promote respect for diversity including but not limited to age, culture, disability, ethnicity, gender, nationality, race, religion, sexuality, socioeconomic status, and individual diversity of perspective.
- Promoting civility and respect for the voice, dignity, and potential of each individual.
- Acknowledging and addressing the needs of populations who are underserved.
- Review requests about diversity, inclusivity, acceptance, and equity from INACSL members to make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- Advise and support INACSL Committees to thread diversity concepts throughout the organization.
- Identify quality resources that provide education regarding implicit bias, diversity, inclusion, acceptance, and equity.
- Promote diversity and equity by conducting needs assessments, developing guidelines, monitoring, and evaluating IncluDE Committee efforts.
- Maintain confidentiality about deliberations on committee work.
- Execute the responsibilities and annual charge(s) of the committee to fulfill the committee’s purpose and the association’s strategic plan.
- Members of any committee shall receive no fee, salary, or remuneration of any kind for service. Committee members will be reimbursed for reasonable expenses incurred with board approval upon submission of proper documentation
Terms of Office
- Member-at-Large– 2 years maximum
- Vice-Chair of Committee (1) – 1 year maximum
- Chair of Committee (1) – 1 year maximum
- VP for Membership (see position description) - Ex Officio member
- 1-hour meeting every 4 weeks and small group work outside of committee meetings.
- INACSL Member in good standing
- Commitment to active service
- Dedicated to promoting diversity, inclusion, acceptance, and equity in nursing practice, nursing education, and simulation
Click Here to access the volunteer form.