The purpose of the Standards Committee is to support the INACSL membership by:
- Maintaining and updating the INACSL Standards of Best Practice: Simulation© as new evidence and best practices emerge from research
- Maintain confidentiality about deliberations on committee work
- Execute the responsibilities and annual charge(s) of the committee to fulfill the committee’s purpose and the association’s strategic plan
Terms of Office
- Appointed - two years, opportunity to opt in for an additional 2 years for 4 years consecutive
- Members are appointed in a staggered fashion to maintain institutional memory as projects move forward
- Members of any committee shall receive no fee, salary, or remuneration of any kind for service. Committee members will be reimbursed for reasonable expenses incurred with board approval upon submission of proper documentation
- Attend virtual working sessions as required
- Four (4) hours of work estimated per month
- Hold terminal degree (This is only required for committee positions only, not sub-committees)
- Experience conducting literature searches
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize literature
- Demonstrated ability with academic writing
- Conduct environmental scan; collate results of Membership survey related to Standards.
- Literature reviews to support need for new Standard(s) or revision of existing Standard(s); collaboration with Board of Directors to determine plan
Meet the Committee!
- Kim Beechler
- Sharon Decker
- Donna McDermott
- Erin McMahon
- Carrie Miller
- Margie Molloy
- Lori Persico
- Kelly Rossler
- Penni Watts (Chair)
Click Here to access the Standards Committee Application form.
Click Here to access the Standards Sub-Committee Application form.