The Nursing Lab Program Manager will supervise all Nursing Lab staff, as well as assigned graduate and undergraduate student workers, in the conduct of nursing skills and simulation scenarios with debriefing. S/he will work with academic leadership in the School of Nursing to provide short-term and long-term comprehensive strategic and operational planning in support of the nursing skills and simulation laboratories. S/he will be active in academic program and curriculum committee meetings for the integration of simulation experiences in meeting course objectives and terminal outcomes. Direct involvement in the teaching of nursing labs, clinical, as well as in the teaching and debriefing of simulation case scenarios for graduate and undergraduate students will be required.
- Master’s degree in nursing required; a doctoral degree in nursing or health-related field preferred
- Active Massachusetts RN license required
- 2-3 years of nursing laboratory experience
- 1-2 years of supervising others in a lab environment
- Recent experience teaching in a clinical and skills laboratory environment is required
- Experience in high fidelity simulation education and evaluation, including case scenario development and debriefing activities
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to provide simulation education experiences to students at an expert level
- Competency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Access database, and other presentation technology
- Demonstrated expertise in providing skills training or tutoring one-on-one or in small groups
- Successful grant-writing to support technology and equipment acquisitions
- Graduate degree specialization in Nursing Education, or Post-Master’s Certificate in Nursing Education preferred
- National certification as Nurse Educator, advanced practice and other specialty certifications are desirable
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please include a resume, cover letter, an exemplar from clinical/laboratory/simulation teaching and a sample of scholarly work/publication with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
To apply, please go to: https://explorejobs.uml.edu/lowell/en-us/job/500653/nursing-lab-program-manager
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.