Nursing Simulation and Lab Coordinator
Henderson, TN 38340
The Nursing Department at Freed-Hardeman University invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure staff position beginning in August 2021. The Nursing Program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and is approved by the Tennessee Board of Nursing. As Nursing Simulation and Lab Coordinator this position is responsible for providing lab and simulation instruction within the nursing program, engaging in scholarly activity, and conducting committee work as assigned.
• Active member in good standing of the churches of Christ • BSN with clinical expertise in basic medical-surgical nursing and their area of specialty (i.e. Adult Health, Women’s Health, Pediatrics, Mental Health, Nursing Management). MSN preferred.
• At least two years of full-time professional nursing clinical experience. • One to three years of experience in simulation, skills lab teaching, and clinical instruction.
• Hold a current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Tennessee, or be eligible to obtain a Tennessee Registered Nurse license.
• Current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS). BLS Instructor certification preferred.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with nursing faculty and staff members, as well as students.
• Excellent verbal, written, and electronic communication skills.
• Willingness to travel between Henderson and Dickson campuses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, implement, and evaluate scenarios, simulated learning activities and educational materials for designated nursing courses in collaboration with Nursing faculty for use in the simulation lab on both campuses, Henderson and Dickson.
• Monitor and perform routine minor maintenance and repair on all lab equipment, including simulators, to ensure all equipment is maintained in good working order.
• Provide input for budget preparation regarding equipment, supplies, and mate