JOB DESCRIPTION: The Helene Fuld Health Trust Simulation Center at the School of Nursing is searching for a bright and energetic Simulation Assistant to join their team in a state-of-the-art facility specializing in Nursing Simulation. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Simulation, the Simulation Assistant will provide overall support for the Simulation Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary responsibilities of this role will include preparing rooms for each simulation center and maintaining cleanliness and organization of all rooms.
Additional responsibilities will include:
• Providing direct support to the Associate Director for inventory management including ordering and stocking of all medical supplies and consumables.
• Assisting with collecting data for semi-annual and annual end of year report on the Center’s data utilizations departmental usage.
• Moving and/or lifting manikins as well as performing moulage on manikins in preparation for simulation sessions.
• Assisting faculty during simulation with basic computer operations: turning on simulation equipment and starting up Simulation Capture System.
• Conducting weekly routine equipment and task trainer maintenance.
• Maintaining daily cleanliness and organization of the Simulation Center.
• Assuring each room has the proper equipment, medications, instrumentation and supplies for each session and performing post-session clean-up.
• Identifying and communicating to the Assistant Director the need for replacement equipment supplies. • Managing the simulation center reception area by greeting visitors, answering telephones, directing students, responding to routine inquiries, providing information on an ad hoc basis as well as retrieving mail and signing for packages/deliveries.
• Performing other related duties as assigned.
This position will occasionally require the need to work evenings and/or on weekends. To apply: http://opportunities.columbia.edu/cw/en-us/job/502271?lApplicationSubSourceID=