San Mateo, CA
Posted July 17, 2019
SUMMARY: The Simulation Educator (SE) is under the direct supervision of the Director of the Health Sciences Simulation Center. Simulation Educators support simulation-based learning (SBL) and all other immersive learning modalities on the San Francisco Peninsula (SFPC) campus.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Simulation Educator’s primary responsibilities are to:
- Ensure best practices are being followed in the implementation of SBL.
- Serve as an accessible resource and support person for SMU faculty as they integrate SBL strategies into their curricula.
- Provide focused support to faculty from the School of Nursing or entities external to SMU, as assigned.
- Facilitate implementation of simulation scenarios for learners, including debriefing.
All HSSC team members are expected to:
- Effectively utilize TeamSTEPPS™ tools and strategies to enhance team performance and communication.
- Engage in community outreach service by participating in or leading educational sessions within the HSSC for community and youth groups.
- Implement established SBL Sessions
- Design-Develop-Implement-Evaluate new SBL Sessions
- Develop Simulation-Based Learning Curricula
- Assess & Evaluate Simulation Based Learning
- Provide faculty development opportunities
Research & Development Responsibilities:
- Advocate for an innovative approach to all HSSC services and products
- Support the HSSC Research Agenda
- Master’s degree in a health profession, education or simulation
- Prefer a minimum 2-3 years’ experience in simulation-based teaching & learning
- Ability to collaborate as a team member
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Communicate and collaborate in a positive, professional manner with faculty, staff, learners, and stakeholders of the Health Sciences Simulation Center.
- Ability to adjust to frequent changes in priorities, project needs and workflow.
Apply online: https://www.samuelmerritt.edu/jobs/view/1093